This cake is really good for supporting the Rasa (juice) in the body.
Dates have so many vitamins and minerals and the ginger is one of the best things to aid our digestion.
1 cup dates chopped
1 Tablespoon chopped ginger
1 teaspoon bi-carb soda
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon butter/ghee
1 cup boiling water
½ cup brown sugar
1 ½ cups flour
• Pre-heat oven at 180C or 160C for fan-forced ovens
• Put dates, ginger, bi-carb, butter in a bowl with boiling water
• Allow to cool to room temperature
• Then add flour, baking powder, sugar and mix together – dough will be sticky
• Pour into baking tin and bake for 45-50min